Identity Management (Basic)
Macktez uses a carefully chosen collection of software tools referred to collectively as “Macktez Management” to manage and support our clients’ technology systems.
- Allows managing a single user directory across systems reliably and safely from one secure service.
- Simplifies the process of on-boarding and off-boarding new hires, and allows those processes to be logged.
- Capture of authentication events. (Details of user access to specific systems and platforms are centrally logged.
- Centralization and simplification of administration and access for integrated external services.
- Secure, two-factor authentication to key systems and services beyond Office 365 and Google Workspace.
- Control of local Mac or Windows user accounts on all company computers.
The following scope is covered in the initial setup of this service:
- Share and approve timeline and project plan.
- Set up and configure JumpCloud back-end, including Google and/or Microsoft bindings.
- Import or create user accounts.
- Configure and enforce multi-factor authentication for all users.
- Provide ongoing administration of JumpCloud system.
The ongoing services and tasks below are included in our regular monthly fee:
- Setup of JumpCloud-based directory and import initial users.
- Binding of all user accounts to Microsoft (if applicable)
- Binding of all user accounts to Google (if applicable)
- Provisioning of new user accounts.
- Deprovisioning of old user accounts.
- Migration of multi-factor authentication from Microsoft and Google to JumpCloud.
- Advanced logging of authentication events.
- Advanced system workstation usage insights.
Note that the following tasks and scenarios are excluded, and will be billed separately:
- Binding of workstations to JumpCloud
- Onsite support. (Onsite support will be best effort and billable at the client’s hourly rate.)
- Hardware failure, malfunction, or replacement. (We will assist with the diagnosis, specify replacement system, make purchasing arrangements, and install new system under separate recommendations.)
- Issues created by the alteration or modification of equipment other than that authorized by Macktez, including hardware or software installations.
- Third party vendor or manufacturer support or incident fees.
- Equipment costs needed to remediate and/or replace any out-of-warranty equipment.
- Spare or replacement parts and equipment, including cables, adapters, and power cords, and replacements for failed parts.
- All shipping, courier, and logistics charges. (These will be passed along with a markup if a Macktez account is used.)
- Fees and expenses associated with recovery of data.
- The cost for and support of out-of-warranty, custom, or third party software applications.
- Removal of viruses, malware, or ransomware that have infected computer systems