Network Management (Basic)
Macktez uses a carefully chosen collection of software tools referred to collectively as “Macktez Management” to manage and support our clients’ technology systems.
The following scope is covered in the initial setup of this service:
- Configure automated alerts on supported network devices.
- Configure WAN IP probes
- Assign team to actively monitor and manage your network.
- Configure processes for automated alerting data.
The ongoing services and tasks below are included in our regular monthly fee:
- Automatic monitoring of the status of internet connections and uptime.
- Periodic manual verification of automated alerts and device health.
Note that the following tasks and scenarios are excluded, and will be billed separately:
- Automatic monitoring of the health and utilization of network devices.
- Automatic capture of historical logs, to better aid in network troubleshooting.
- Periodic manual verification of network health.
- Monitoring firmware versions on critical network devices.
- Onsite support. (Onsite support will be best effort and billable at the client’s hourly rate.)
- Management of recurring downtime alerts from the ISP beyond one per month.
- Firmware updates for network devices.
- Hardware failure, malfunction, or replacement. (We will assist with the diagnosis, specify replacement system, make purchasing arrangements, and install new system under separate recommendations.)
- Issues created by the alteration or modification of equipment other than that authorized by Macktez, including hardware or software installations.
- Third party vendor or manufacturer support or incident fees.
- All shipping, courier, and logistics charges. (These will be passed through with a markup if a Macktez account is used.)
- Removal of viruses, malware, or ransomware that have infected computer systems.
- Fees and expenses associated with recovery of data.
- The cost for and support of out-of-warranty, custom, or third party software applications.
- Equipment costs needed to remediate and/or replace any out-of-warranty equipment.
- Spare or replacement parts and equipment, including cables, adapters, and power cords, and replacements for failed parts.