Macktez uses a carefully chosen collection of software tools referred to collectively as “Macktez Management” to manage and support our clients’ technology systems.
The following scope is covered in the initial setup of this service:
- Install and configure an agent to enable automatic data collection and reporting.
- Configure automated alerts.
- Assign team to actively monitor and manage.
- Configure processes for automated alerting data.
The ongoing services and tasks below are included in our regular monthly fee:
- Remote access for diagnostics and repairs.
- Automatic monitoring of server uptime, including internet connectivity.
- Advanced warning of drive failure alerts and other critical issues.
- Remote software patching (security and incremental OS only)
- Basic backup management to a local or cloud destination.
- Periodic manual verification of automated alerts and device health.
Note that the following tasks and scenarios are excluded, and will be billed separately:
- Installation of major release OS software upgrades. (Smaller security and incremental updates are included.)
- Special projects.
- Third party application management and support.
- Hardware failure, malfunction, or replacement. (We will assist with the diagnosis, specify replacement system, make purchasing arrangements, and install new system under separate recommendations.)
- Issues created by the alteration or modification of equipment other than that authorized by Macktez, including hardware or software installations. (This includes restoration of mistakenly deleted files.)
- Non-support related requests such as user training, job training, and application training.
- Third party vendor or manufacturer support or incident fees.
- Equipment costs needed to remediate and/or replace any out-of-warranty equipment.
- Spare or replacement parts and equipment, including cables, adapters, and power cords, and replacements for failed parts.
- All shipping, courier, and logistics charges. (These will be passed through with a markup if a Macktez account is used.)
- Fees and expenses associated with recovery of data.
- The cost for and support of out-of-warranty, custom, or third party software applications.
- Removal of viruses, malware, or ransomware that have infected computer systems.
- Onsite support. (Onsite support and support performed outside of business hours will be best effort and billable at the client’s hourly rate.)