Technology Services Technician
Members of the Technology Services Group handle the direct technical design, implementation, and management for our clients technologies and systems. They manage resources and projects in two different sub-groups, Responsive and Managed, but the skills and responsibilities for both heavily overlap and support each other.
– Serve as the first point of contact for Team Members and clients seeking support via phone and email.
– Work within our ticketing system to create detailed work logs and technical documentation.
– Work under the direction of a senior Team Member and Group Lead.
– Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques following Macktez standards.
– Use appropriate communication and documentation to inform the Team of important issues and information which will help improve Team performance.
– Maintain comprehensive hardware and software inventory, and deploy replacements based on established refresh cycles.
– Develop and update documentation for supported systems.
– Support the clients with various desktop hardware and software environments (macOS, Windows 7,10, Windows Server), printers, additional infrastructure components and business applications. This includes installations, moves, changes, remote user support and technical problem resolution.
– Assign issues to other Team Members as needed, as well as set customer expectations for follow-up (i.e. when to expect a follow-up contact and by whom).
– Maintain good working relationships with Team Members and clients.
– Produce user and troubleshooting documentation that clients and other Team Members can understand.
– Effectively communicate technology solutions to clients and other Team Members.
– Monitor and manage system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
– Assist clients with onboarding new hires.
– Identify and suggest possible improvements in procedures.
– Enter time for clients as it occurs.
– Send daily reports, recording detailed time and services rendered.
– Communication with clients and remote access solution implementation and support (VPN and Terminal Services required), including keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
Additional Logistics Responsibilities shared with the Group:
– Coordinate with shippers, couriers, truckers for both in and outbound packages.
– On receipt, properly update our internal systems (POs, Hardware assets) and tag boxes and items for tracking.
– Monitor and update ticketing system for Logistics and technical requests (FreshService)
– Coordinate closely with peers in the Responsive Technology Services Group, assisting with physical troubleshooting, machine set up, and other basic technical processes.
– Assist with procurement, including placing simple orders.
– Coordinate moving material, supplies, and equipment among suppliers, the office, and client sites.
– People-oriented: strong skills cultivating a rapport with clients and other Team Members
– Excellent communication and documentation skills
– Strong customer service orientation
– Working knowledge of ticketing systems
– Attention to detail and problem solving
– Ability to stay on task and work independently, as well as come together as part of a team
– Flexibility, including effective handling of concurrent priorities
– Interest and knowledge in technology and troubleshooting (software and hardware, computer operating systems, mobile devices, phones, and printers)
– Ability to diagnose and resolve fundamental technical issues
– Knowledge of other Team Members’ expertise and skills, to hand off assignments to them
– Ability to recognize when issues need to be assigned to or handed off to another more experienced Team Member.
Additionally, familiarity with these is important:
– A minimum of two years experience in providing desktop and or remote support
– Background in Mac OS and Windows troubleshooting
– Experience authoring and updating technical documentation
A background in these is helpful:
– Working understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and technologies
– Experience with LAN/WAN networks
– Exposure to Microsoft Active Directory