Tier 1 Responsive Technology Technician
Tier 1 Technology Services Technician candidates should be interested in customer support, technical knowledge suitable to the systems we support, and be well organized with good written and verbal communication skills. Members of the Responsive Services group respond to requests directly from clients, from automated systems and alerts, and from other Team Members; they also work closely with the Managed Services group, which handles the direct technical design, implementation, and management for client systems.
– Take end user support requests and provide assistance to resolve issues.
– Document user issues and create tickets using ticket software.
– Diagnose and resolve technical issues.
– Update the Team on progress and ensure all tickets are resolved within a timely manner.
– Write and send daily reports quickly and clearly, keeping detailed records of time and services rendered.
– Contribute to the creation of clear, accurate, and informative shared process documentation.
– Cultivate a rapport with clients and other Team Members.
– Ability to plan ahead, managing expectations of clients and members of your group or Team.
– Ability to recognize when issues need to be assigned to or handed off to another more experienced Team Member.
– Interest and knowledge in technology and troubleshooting.
– Interest in continuously learning new technology.
– Effective handling of concurrent priorities.
– Ability to stay composed when faced with unexpected challenges.
– Work independently, as well as come together as part of a team.
– The right candidate has interest in providing desktop and remote support, and a desire to expand knowledge base and skills through on-site training. (Note that this role is partially remote but requires time on-site in our office and may require visits to client offices.)
– Working knowledge of ticketing systems is helpful but not required.
– Comfort with authoring and updating technical documentation
– Expertise in MacOS and Windows troubleshooting (e.g. CLI Administration, MDM, Encryption)
– A solid theoretical and practical understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and technologies (e.g. DNS, TCP/UDP, DHCP, Subnets, broadcast domains, Multicast, VLANs, ARP, SSH)
– Extensive experience with LAN/WAN networks (e.g. Firewall and switch configuration, Routing, IPSec, SSL, NAT/PAT, Fiber Optics
– Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory, Okta, Jumpcloud, or another identity management service (e.g. AD, Azure AD, LDAP, RADIUS, SAML, SCIM)